Jan.7 - Jan 13 “Be It unto Me according to Thy Word” Matthew 1, Luke 1

Jan 7 - Jan 13 - “Be It unto Me according to Thy Word” Matthew 1, Luke 1






From a mortal perspective, it was impossible. A virgin could not conceive. Nor could a barren woman who was well past child-bearing years. But God had a plan for the birth of His Son and of John the Baptist, so both Mary and Elisabeth, against all earthly odds, became mothers. It can be helpful to remember their miraculous experiences whenever we face something that seems impossible. Can we overcome our weaknesses? Can we touch the heart of an unresponsive family member? Gabriel could easily have been speaking to us when he reminded Mary, “With God nothing shall be impossible” (Luke 1:37). And Mary’s response can also be ours when God reveals His will: “Be it unto me according to thy word” (Luke 1:38).

Comments

  1. I think we are all on the same page with our favorite part of the lesson. Throughout my life I have been reminded that with God nothing is impossible. I pray that I am more like Mary and the incredible faith she had. She visited with an angel who answered her questions, she LISTENED. She received the answers she needed in order to fulfill her role as the Mother of the son of God. She headed to the council of the angel, "Fear Not." I also think of Elizabeth and Zacharias and how patiently they waited for a child. It is a reminder that some blessings come on the Lord's time and we have to be faithful, true and patient. I have seen many miracles and blessings in my life and hope that in the Lord's time some more will come to pass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dec 31-Jan 6 - We are responsible for our own learning